Scissor & Stone are excited and proud to announce that we’re doing our bit for the environment by recently joining forces with Sustainable Salons, to help reduce waste in the salon whilst increasing awareness of this V. IMPORTANT issue that is currently affecting our planet.
So, how did this movement come about, you ask?
Well, when you think about it, a regular hair salon uses a ‘shit tonne’ of chemicals and waste on a day-to-day basis. Waste that goes directly into landfill and chemicals that harm our planet and pollute our air when not disposed of correctly.
As some of you know, we’ve slowly been taking action since our doors opened two years ago, but always felt we could do more. So, we are. And, as of last week, we’ve officially become a Sustainable Salon.
Here’s are just some of the changes we’ve now implemented in our salon to help our environment
- We now recycle 95% of our salon’s waste using our 5 new waste bins (this includes recycling hair, which will be sent off to be treated and then turned wigs, or used to help clean up oil spills across the planet). And yes, you read that correctly… 95%!
- We’ve swapped our regular plastic gloves to biodegradable gloves.
- We made the switch to using vegan and environmentally friendly products where possible (such as Olaplex and Evo) almost shortly after opening our doors but continue to do so.
What this means for our beautiful clients
- You’ll have peace of mind in knowing when you visit our salon, you’ll also be doing your bit for the environment, too!
- We’re adding on a small $2.00 fee to the cost of all our services. This fee will go directly to Sustainable Salons, who are turning 95% of our salon’s waste into recycling!
It’s a small fee, and we understand this may be inconvenient for some clients, but the reward for helping our planet will overall outweigh the inconvenience of this small cost.
Thank you for your continuing support, and we hope to see you in the salon soon!